CJ ads

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Layla Hologram Effect- Ultra Violet

This is one of my first real holographic polishes! I know, I'm late to the game. The sad thing was, about a week ago I was just telling myself how tired I was of holographic nail polish. I picked Ultra Violet and Ocean Rush up since they were on clearance at Ulta for $6.99. Awesome deal!

I would just like to say, I now know what all the hype is about. I couldn't stop staring at my nails all day! It's so gorgeous!

I didn't really look up how to apply these and I just did my normal routine. China Glaze base coat, 3 coats of Ultra Violet and OPI Rapidry top coat. I did have a problem with dragging and bald spots with this polish. I would do a coat and let it dry in-between, but the next coat would drag and make a a few bald spots. I fixed them with a light dab of polish and it seemed to fix the problem. I've heard some people say don't use a top coat or it will ruin the holographic finish, but I didn't run into that problem at all. I need to do some more research!









I have a new love for holographic polishes. Have any tips you'd like to share when working with holographic polishes? I'd love to know!

~Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment